Monday, October 27, 2008

NaNoWriMo, again

Oh, hey, it's almost November again. Which means it's time for - that's right - NaNoWriMo. I've put some info up under "Tem DMindu"
- I think I originally wanted an apostrophe, but it wouldn't let me.

If you're too lazy to go there, this is the gist of "The Folk and the Giants": Susu Ma Susu, a Wingfolk Resistor Corps pilot, is blown away from his first battlefield in his Falcontail "Giant Resistor" (2nd-gen), then washed down to the coast. With no other reliable forms of transportation or communication, he must make his way back to his RC HQ and share the valuable intelligence gained from his skirmishes with the Giants. Along the way he gains an engineer/mechanic, Centash Meshos, and with her assistance survives numerous encounters with the Giants and Folk.

Basically, I've been putting together a few pages of story while on the bus to work. Because I get carsick, I start writing after the first 30 minutes or so of the ride, and I've usually got another page by the time I get off. The original idea occurred to me years ago - L-Gaim and Dunbine both have fairy-sized characters - but at the time it was "fairy-sized characters in 20 meter tall behemoth mechas".

But, since I promised pictures at some point (and I've even got a Photobucket account in anticipation of it) I'll have to go around town with a camera before this. It's starting to get cold (20 Celcius yesterday, 18 today - Highs!) around here.

No comments: