Sunday, March 14, 2010

On returning to the USA

So far I've: Sent a box of stuff to my parents in the states (sent it EMS, which was cheaper than standard mail for some reason, so it might just get there before I do...), packed my check-in luggage and sent that to the airport, and begun organizing what's left of my belongings in Japan. Still not sure what I can and can't take with me, and I'll need to send another box either way.

I don't like having to travel separately. We're married now - we ought to be traveling together - but there's no reason for me to stay in Japan past my last paycheck on the 15th. Other than to serve as her emotional support.

It appears I'll be taking a night bus to Tokyo, where I'll cancel my phone service and then go to Narita. This will set me back a bit over $100, but the alternative is a $70 night bus without a toilet. I think the extra $40 is worth it.

Feeling nervous. Can't wait to eat a proper pizza.

No comments: