Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On eventful weekends

Went to a wedding reception for Rachel's cousin on Saturday, up in Surrey, BC. Nice place. Reminds me of Edmonds. Got a brochure and postcard from the hotel, so if I ever make it big somehow, I'd like to stay there a weekend.

Went to Rachel's neighbors' Fourth of July shindig on Sunday. Played pool. Ate food. Watched fireworks go off over the lake for an hour or so.

Spent yesterday and a sizable fraction of today sick from food poisoning (pretty sure it's the potato salad I had on Sunday). I really don't remember my stomach clenching quite that much last time I threw up (when I was 12, in Japan, likely due to not taking jet lag into account before eating dinner). Mostly liquid. Drank some Canadian ginger ale (not Canada Dry, oddly) before vomiting, so the taste wasn't that bad. According to Rachel, it looked like I had a fire hose attached to the side of my mouth.

No comments: